Motorists can expect delays throughout Atlantic County due to construction projects, including the ongoing widening of the Garden State Parkway through Egg Harbor Township.
A lane shift with stop-and-go traffic patterns began 7 a.m. Monday and will continue from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily until Friday on Old Egg Harbor Road between Hingston Avenue and Fire Road in Egg Harbor Township, near where a new Wal-Mart SuperCenter is being built. Periodic road closings by police are possible.
From 7 a.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday, the Fire Road and Tilton Road ramps to the Garden State Parkway South will be closed for widening work.(tncms-asset)87fd3d80-9bb6-11e6-a00c-00163ec2aa77(/tncms-asset)
Construction projects at the following spots in Egg Harbor Township also are expected to cause delays until Friday:
• Black Horse Pike and Garden State Parkway overpass
• Washington Avenue near Garden State Parkway and Martin Avenue
• Tremont Avenue near Reega Avenue
• Black Horse Pike near A Touch of Italy restaurant
• Riddle Avenue from Black Horse Pike to Franklin Avenue(tncms-asset)de322398-9baf-11e6-ba02-00163ec2aa77(/tncms-asset)
Additionally, in western Atlantic County, the intersection of Wheat Road and Lincoln Avenue in Buena Vista Township and Buena Borough will have a detour in effect this week for private development work. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, motorists will be advised to follow the posted detour or use a different route.
For a complete list of traffic advisories on Atlantic County roads, visit aclink.org.