It may be cold outside, but the fresh air is still calling. As long as there’s a fireplace to keep off the chill, there’s no reason to bring the holiday celebrations inside. Instead, head to any of these five “hot” spots to make the most of the wintry weather.
1. The Reeds at Shelter Haven. Check out The Reeds at Shelter Haven where you can cuddle up for its last Fire Pit Friday of the season on Dec. 15. With bayside views, cozy couches and even cozier blankets, this is one fire pit you don’t want to miss. While you’re there, try a traditional wassail made with brandy, apple cider, orange and lemon juices, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon … perfect for a brisk holiday evening. Located at 9601 Third Ave. in Stone Harbor. Go to ReedsAtShelterHaven.com.
“We are pretty busy here at the Ocean City Fine Arts League,” understates Rae Jaffe, preside…
2. Willow Creek Winery. Want a regular “hot spot” gig? Willow Creek Winery hosts its beloved Fire Pit Fridays year-round. With the fire cranking up at about 5:30 p.m. and live music starting at 6 p.m. — this week it’s Dan Barry — Willow Creek is perfect for staying toasty this holiday season. Even better? Each weekend features a specialty drink of the day that complements the whole experience. Located at 160-168 Stevens St. in West Cape May. Go to WillowCreekWinery.com for more information.
3. The Rusty Nail. Good news! Cape May’s Rusty Nail is now open during weekends in December. The better news? They have a fire pit that’s legendary and a fig cocktail called The Violet Rose — made with fig-infused vodka, raspberry simple syrup, lemon juice, fresh blackberry, mint and ginger beer — that is sure to keep you toasty on even the coldest of nights. Located at 205 Beach Ave. in Cape May. Go to CapeResorts.co for more.
4. Seaville Tavern. If you just want to take your neighborhood bar outing up a notch, head to the Seaville Tavern. Known for its always-packed wing night every Thursday, the Seaville Tavern has a great draft beer selection with flights available, perfect for sipping near their patio fire pit. Located at 29 New Bridge Road in Ocean View. Go to SeavilleTavern.com for more information.
Jim Kershaw speaks nearly as reverently of the restaurant that helped him become a business …
5. Nauti Spirits. Don’t forget the new kid on the block. Nauti Spirits, creators and purveyors of handcrafted spirits, has fast become a hotspot for those who enjoy a quality cocktail. Add a fire pit overlooking their farm into the mix, and there’s no reason not to head there this week to try a Fairytale Flip, made with Nauti Spirits Rum, pumpkin, maple, molasses, aqua faba and nutmeg. Located at 916 Shunpike Road in Cape May. Go to NautiSpirits.com for more information.