With football season ramping up and baseball season coming to a close, you might think there are only two sports to watch. Guess again. Turns out, we’re smack in the middle of a bunch of sporting events, from the most family friendly to the extreme. Here are five places to get your “game” on this week.
1. Break out of the cage. Head to Borgata 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 21, where Cage Fury Fighting Championship 68 will offer a front-and-center view of mixed martial arts fighting. With multiple fighters, including Sean Brady, Dwight Grant, Jo Lowry, Rick Patishnock and more, you’ll be happiest on your side of the cage. And happier still when you follow up with drinks at the Long Bar. Located at 1 Borgata Way in Atlantic City. Go to CFFC.tv for more information.
I don’t know about you, but every time I go to the zoo, I’m a little jealous of the marmoset…
2. Ride ‘em, cowboy. Want to take a break from sports as you know them and watch something different, but no less active? The 40th Annual American Finals Rodeo will be held 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday at Boardwalk Hall. With bareback riding, steel wrestling, barrel racing and bull riding, this could be your sporting event of the year. Located at 2301 Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Go to BoardwalkHall.com for more information.
3. Get your English on. RiRa at the Quarter in Tropicana will screen a ton of soccer games from the English Premiere League. From West Ham vs. Brighton at 3 p.m. on Friday, to a slew of matches all day on Saturday, to Chelsea vs. Watford at 3 p.m. on Monday, it’s a great way to watch soccer and enjoy some pints while you’re at it. Located at Brighton and the Boardwalk in Atlantic City. Go to RiRa.com for more information.
4. Catch the World Series. That’s right, folks. The World Series begins on Tuesday night, the first game in a best-of-seven series. We won’t know who’s playing until after the championships this weekend, but whoever it is, you know it will be a good game. Head to Proud Mary’s Sports Bar & Grill, grab a drink and take in nine innings of America’s Favorite Pastime. Located at 3209 Fairmount Ave. in Atlantic City. Go to Proud Mary’s Sports Bar & Grill on Facebook for more information.
5. Join the Quarterback Club. You know a bar takes its football seriously when they have their very own Quarterback Club for regulars who watch Monday night football. Head to Charlie’s in Somers Point 8:30 p.m. on Monday to watch the Eagles take on the Redskins. We’re pulling for the birds. Located at 800 Shore Road in Somers Point. Go to CharliesBar.com for more information.