It’s that special time of year again, when we get to celebrate the women who took care of us when we were little, and maybe even as adults too: our moms. Mother’s Day falls on Sunday, May 13, and South Jersey buffets, restaurants and wineries are planning special events where you and your mom can relax and bond over a cocktail or two. Here are five places to raise a glass to the woman that raised you.
1. The Buffet. Golden Nugget’s buffet is bubbling over with excitement for Mother’s Day. So much so that from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, it will have a “Champagne Brunch” available for Mother’s Day. This $32.99 meal comes with all the food you can eat and, of course, a glass of champagne. Located at Huron Avenue and Brigantine Boulevard. Go to GoldenNugget.com.
Mother’s Day is certainly a wonderful opportunity to spend time with, give gifts to, or enjo…
2. Beach Plum Farm. South Jersey’s favorite farm-to-table dining experience will host a special Mother’s Day brunch, with seatings at 10 and 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. Bring mom to the gorgeous 62-acre farm to enjoy sausage, bacon, farm-fresh eggs and more. A cash bar will be available, where you can cheers to the occasion with festive mimosas, wine and Bloody Marys. Price is $35 for adults, $15 for children. Located at 140 Stevens St., West Cape May. Go to BeachPlumFarm CapeMay.com.
3. Hawk Haven Vineyard. Take a field trip with Mom to Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery on Mother’s Day, where she can get a free wine tasting by coming with her kids. But, any mom with children unable to accompany her can just bring a picture of them to the wine bar for a complimentary tasting. Tastings will be available from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Located at 600 S. Railroad Ave., Rio Grande. Go to HawkHavenVineyard.com.
4. Sharrott Winery. Trendy moms will enjoy a trip to Sharrott Winery’s Mother’s Day picnic. Food trucks, Top Shelf Mobile Cuisine and Paella on the Porch, will be there to complement the available wine. Wine tastings are $10 and include six samples of Sharrott wine. The picnic will also include live music by Mimic from 1 to 4 p.m. Located at 370 S. Egg Harbor Road, Hammonton. Go to SharrottWinery.com.
Funk Daddy is a party funk band that can often be found in the clubs and lounges of Atlantic…
5. Linwood Country Club. For a gift, a brunch and an opportunity to drink with your mother in one, head to the Linwood Country Club for a Mother’s Day brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a Bloody Mary and mimosa bar. Though this private club usually only opens its dining events to members, this yearx it’s offering a yearly social membership for $100. Grab one for your mom — or yourself — to take advantage of the Linwood Country Club’s social and dining events year-round. Located at 500 Shore Road, Linwood. Go to LinwoodCountryClub.com.