CAPE MAY — The Cape May County Special Services School District’s high school students in the PRIDE program spent a week learning about the physics and engineering of catapults. The lessons were tested with a ball-launch challenge. Students in groups of three were asked to create a catapult and a box to catch the catapulted ball with a limited supply of rubber bands, cardboard, plastic cups and a ruler. The challenge tested not only the distance of the object catapulted but also the accuracy of the catapult. The winning group members will be treated to a pizza party by their teachers.
HOW TO SUBMIT TO OUR WEEKLIES
Submit all material to email@example.com.
COMMUNITY NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Include the complete name of the group, school or other organization; where it’s located and what area it serves; the name and title, if applicable, of the person submitting the information; a person to contact with questions and whether the contact is only for us or for the public as well.
- Information should be formatted as little as possible, without tabs or tables.
- Photos should be high-resolution and emailed as an attachment. Include the names of the people in the photos and, if applicable, any relevant titles or relationships. Indicate how to determine who is who, such as “front row, from left.”
TRAVELS WITH …
- Take a picture when you travel of you or your group with one of our weeklies. Send us the picture with names, hometowns and the name of the place you visited.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Letters must be fewer than 400 words and received by 9 a.m. Monday for publication the same week.
EVENT AND TRIP LISTINGS
- Information to be included in event or trip listings must be submitted online at pressofac.com/calendar. Scroll down to where it says “Submit an event.” Click on “Go to Form.”
- You are required to sign in using a username and password. If you have previously made an account, log in using the username and password you created. If you have NOT previously made an account with us, click on “Register Here” (under the Sign In button).
- Once you have created a username and password, you will be taken to the calendar form. Fill out the form with the relevant information. Please remember that less is best for calendar listings. Note: If you include a website, it must be the full address. For example, http://www.pressofac.com, not pressofac.com.