Farmington School Children

Children stand in front of the original Farmington school in 1895. The school was build circa 1893. Shown in the photo:

• Front row: Julia Adams, Edna Martin, Paul Martin, Ella Hauenstein, Hosea Mannery, Robert Emmons, Charles Ireland

• Middle row: Mary Pratt, Frank Trodden, Frank Emmons, Ina Martin, Nellie Adams, Russell Adams, Ward Ireland

• Back row: Unknown, Maude Martin, Byron Martin, teacher Mr. William Stauffler, Ray King, Susie Trodden, unknown

This information comes from “Journey Through Time in Egg Harbor Township, NJ."

Welcome to History Notes, our weekly feature that looks at Egg Harbor Township history. Each week we get a chance to learn or reminisce courtesy of Lynn Wood of the Greate Egg Harbour Township Historical Society, who shares early photos of places in Egg Harbor Township with our readers.

Children stand in front of the original Farmington school in 1895. The school was build circa 1893. Shown in the photo:

• Front row: Julia Adams, Edna Martin, Paul Martin, Ella Hauenstein, Hosea Mannery, Robert Emmons, Charles Ireland

• Middle row: Mary Pratt, Frank Trodden, Frank Emmons, Ina Martin, Nellie Adams, Russell Adams, Ward Ireland

• Back row: Unknown, Maude Martin, Byron Martin, teacher Mr. William Stauffler, Ray King, Susie Trodden, unknown

This information comes from “Journey Through Time in Egg Harbor Township, NJ."

Upcoming Event

Richard Veit from Monmouth University will give a presentation on Native Americans of New Jersey 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 at the Egg Harbor Township Community Center, 5045 English Creek Road.

A $2.00 donation is suggested. GEHTHS members and students attend free.