The McDonald's at the base of Route 40 in Atlantic City was partially shutdown after a man reportedly overdosed in the restaurant's bathroom around 12:30 p.m.
The drive-thru remained open, according to witnesses and a sign posted on the restaurant's door.
Renee Guzman, of Ventor had stopped by to get an ice cream at the store when the incident happened.
"All I know is that someone OD'd in the bathroom," she said. "The manager of McDonald's told me."
This is a developing story, check back later for more details.