WILDWOOD — A commercial dryer caught on fire Friday at Squeeky’s Laundromat on Atlantic Avenue, according to the city fire department’s Facebook page.
The Wildwood and North Wildwood fire departments arrived at the scene at 11:07 a.m. Friday. Fire Official William Cripps arrived and reported a fire in the dryer extending to the structure with smoke throughout, firefighters said.
Deputy Chief Ernie Troiano arrived, assumed command and requested the all-hands due to it being a possible building fire, firefighters said.
Crews started putting out the fire and opening up the walls and the ceiling above. Additional units were called. The fire marshals office and utilities were requested, firefighters said.
City police were on the scene assisting with traffic. Units operated for about an hour. There were no reported injuries. The fire remains under investigation, firefighters said.