OCEAN CITY — An Atlantic City man and a Philadelphia teenager were arrested on multiple drug and weapons charges Sunday, police said.
Robert J. Dowe, 22, of Atlantic City, and Zayquan E. Osei-Mincey, 19, of Philadelphia, were charged with:
• Possession of a weapon with a controlled dangerous substance offense.
• Possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose
• Unlawful possession of a weapon
• Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
• Possession of controlled dangerous substance, pills
• Possession of drug paraphernalia disorderly persons offense
• Possession of marijuana under 50 grams disorderly persons offense
Patrolman Pat Walsh conducted a motor vehicle stop at 2:56 p.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of West Avenue for multiple vehicle violations, Capt. Steven K. Ang said in a statement.
While conducting the motor vehicle stop, the officer saw the occupants were in possession of suspected marijuana, Ang said.
The occupants were placed into custody. A search of the vehicle revealed a loaded handgun, .38 caliber Derringer and additional suspected marijuana, Ang said.
The additional suspected marijuana was packaged in a manner commonly used for sale and distribution, Ang said.
A scale and packaging materials also were discovered, Ang said.
Dowe and Osei-Mincey were taken to the Cape May County Jail pending a bail hearing. Walsh was assisted by four other members of the Ocean City Police Department during the investigation.