ATLANTIC CITY — A fire Tuesday afternoon in a rooming house on the 400 block of Indiana Avenue displaced 15 residents, Fire Chief Scott Evans said.

Even though many rooms were occupied when the fire started, no residents or firefighters were injured, Evans said.

The fire, which was ruled accidental, was on the top floor in the attic and in the walls, Evans said. Firefighters cut two holes in the roof to gain access to the fire, he said.

The Fire Department responded with 25 firefighters; engines 2, 3 and 4; ladder 1; rescue 1; the air unit; and a safety officer, Evans said.

— Vincent Jackson

Never miss breaking news as it happens! Sign up now to receive alerts delivered to your inbox.

Contact: 609-272-7202

VJackson@pressofac.com

Twitter@ACPressJackson

Twenty years as a staff writer in the features department, specializing in entertainment and the arts at The Press of Atlantic City.

Recommended for you

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

PLEASE BE ADVISED: Soon we will no longer integrate with Facebook for story comments. The commenting option is not going away, however, readers will need to register for a FREE site account to continue sharing their thoughts and feedback on stories. If you already have an account (i.e. current subscribers, posting in obituary guestbooks, for submitting community events), you may use that login, otherwise, you will be prompted to create a new account.