The Cape-Atlantic League tournament begins on Feb. 24.
Eight boys and girls teams qualify - the top two teams in each of the three divisions plus two wild cards. This season division winners must be among the top four seeds, so they are guaranteed a first-round home game.
The boys semifinals will be played Feb. 26 at Absegami. The girls semifinals are Feb. 27 at Ocean City.
The finals will be played Feb. 29 at Stockton University in Galloway Township.
What follows is our weekly breakdown of where teams stand at this point in the season (records through Tuesday).
1. Wildwood Catholic
1. Wildwood Catholic (15-6): The Crusaders have dropped three straight but remain the top seed because of their tough schedule and an 82-43 win over St. Augustine Prep.
2. St. Joseph
2. St. Joseph (16-3): Wildcats beat Wildwood Catholic 66-58 on Tuesday.
3. St. Augustine Prep
3. St. Augustine Prep (18-4): Hermits are the American Division champions.
4. Mainland Regional
4. Mainland Regional (16-5): Mustangs lead the National Division.
5. Holy Spirit
5. Holy Spirit (13-6): Spartans beat Atlantic City 54-48 on Dec. 23. The schools will meet again Monday.
6. Atlantic City
6. Atlantic City (15-5): Vikings hold the second spot in the American Division.
7. Pleasantville (9-11): Greyhounds get the No. 7 spot because of their tough schedule and a 93-66 win over Ocean City on Dec. 22.
8. Ocean City
8. Ocean City (12-8): Red Raiders have a key game against Cedar Creek on Tuesday.
Latest Local Offers
Michael Angelos Classic Painting We take pride in our work! Interior & Exterior Painting…
Local Contractor Stell Roofing & Siding Excellent References, Free Est. 609-938-0250