The Cape-Atlantic League tournament begins on Feb. 24.
Eight boys and girls teams qualify - the top two teams in each of the three divisions plus two wild cards. This season division winners must be among the top four seeds, so they are guaranteed a first-round home game.
The boys semifinals will be played Feb. 26 at Absegami. The girls semifinals are Feb. 27 at Ocean City.
The finals will be played Feb. 29 at Stockton University in Galloway Township.
What follows is our weekly breakdown of where teams stand at this point in the season (records through Tuesday).
1. Middle Township
1. Middle Township (8-1): Panthers have wins over Atlantic City; Mainland Regional; Wildwood Catholic and ACIT
2. Mainland Regional
2. Mainland Regional (6-3): Mustangs host Atlantic City on Wednesday night.
3. Atlantic City
3. Atlantic City (7-1): Tied with ACIT for the American Division lead.
4. OLMA (9-0): The CAL’s only undefeated team.
5. Wildwood Catholic
5. Wildwood Catholic (9-1): Crusaders host OLMA on Friday.
.6. ACIT (5-3): Only CAL loss is to Middle Township.
7. Ocean City
7. Ocean City (4-5): Undefeated against CAL opponents
8. To be determined
8. No team has emerged yet to claim this spot, which would go to the second wild card team.