The Cape-Atlantic League tournament begins on Feb. 24.
Eight boys and girls teams qualify - the top two teams in each of the three divisions plus two wild cards. This season division winners must be among the top four seeds, so they are guaranteed a first-round home game.
The boys semifinals will be played Feb. 26 at Absegami. The girls semifinals are Feb. 27 at Ocean City.
The finals will be played Feb. 29 at Stockton University in Galloway Township.
What follows is our weekly breakdown of where teams stand at this point in the season (records through Tuesday).
1. Wildwood Catholic
1. Wildwood Catholic (18-2): Crusaders have won nine straight and beaten Middle Township and Atlantic City during that stretch.
2. Ocean City
2. Ocean City (15-5): Red Raiders have won 14 straight and lead the National Division.
3. Middle Towship
3. Middle Township (16-4): Panthers have split with Mainland Regional and Wildwood Catholic and beaten Atlantic City and ACIT.
4. Atlantic City
4. Atlantic City (13-7): Vikings lead the American Division.
5, Mainland Regional
5. Mainland Regional (13-5): Mustangs host Ocean City on Friday.
6. ACIT (12-6): Red Hawks are currently in second place in the American Division.
7. OLMA (17-4): Villagers beat Absegami 42-24 on Dec. 20.
8. Absegami (12-8): Braves have faltered lately but hang on the No. 8 spot.